The StoryHow™ PitchDeck is a story coach in your pocket.
It helps transform messages, ideas, and presentations into business stories.
Who is it for?
- Individuals who want to transform their ideas and presentations into memorable stories.
- Enterprises seeking memorable ways of delivering their messages
- Agencies seeking to draw the best stories out of their clients.
What is it used for?
- Making sales and marketing messages more memorable
- Transforming presentations into compelling narratives
- Facilitating group collaboration to find and tell the best business stories.
How Does it work?
The StoryHow™ PitchDeck prompts its users through the process of converting an idea, message or presentation into a story. The following video describes how it works.
“The deck is easy to put into practice. It’s a pragmatic approach rather than theoretical. For me, you nailed it.”
Event cards develop the situations that drive the beginning, middle and end of your stories.
16. Initial Impulse
18. Recurring Event
19. Plot Points
20. Conflict: External
21. Conflict: Internal
22. Meet Cute
27. The Twist
28. Mismatched Response
29. Bad Advice
Influence cards uncover the internal and external motivations that impel action in your stories.
32. Choice: Emotional
33. Choice: Logical
34. Choice: Obligation
35. Choice: Gut
36. Response: Instinctive
37. Choice: Moral
38. Choice: Faith
39. Choice: Guilt
42. Who knows what?
43. Mistaken Identity
44. No Need
Technique cards add structure, meaning, and ultimately memorability to your stories.
48. Big Idea
49. Fiction or Nonfiction
52. The Hook
55. Shared Experiences
“I like to flip through the cards in an unstructured way to get the juices flowing.”
“Making the customer the hero of the story (Card #2 Protagonist) really resonated with me. I needed to get better at describing the customer’s struggle.”
What can these cards do for me?
The most successful people have the ability to communicate their ideas to others. By adding storytelling to your communications toolkit, you will:
- help your company communicate its messages,
- draw like-minded people to your causes,
- and add a valuable skill that will help advance your career.
Why Cards? Why not a book or an app?
A physical deck of cards can be…
- used by both individuals and groups,
- carried in a shirt pocket or a small purse,
- and they never run out of power.
Using this deck allows us to break the parts of each story out individually, and ensure that all the elements are given the attention (and discussion) they deserve. It provides structure for our creativity and a framework for building our clients’ messaging. In short: it allows us to do our jobs as marketers more efficiently and effectively. My team loves the StoryHow deck!Katie Wagner